Friday, December 18, 2009

Played it 'til my fingers bled

December 16: Tea of the year

Hasn't changed in four years. Tazo Refresh Tea. It's perfect when strep throat threatens to make an uninvited appearance.

December 17: Word or phrase
A word that encapsulates your year. "2009 was ____."


December 18: Shop
Online or offline, where did you spend most of your mad money this year?

Gap. My girls and I all have different body shapes, but somehow fit into the exact same size of their new skinny jeans. It's like their whole store is Sisterhood of the Travling Pants. Add that to my already dangerous V-neck sweater addiction, and I think you could account fora bout 10% of last year's earnings.

December 19: Car ride

The 2 rides to Minong and back (bookending the summer at C's cabin for Memorial and Labor Day weekends) were amazing. The first was spent, as I mentioned here, with a very old friend. Somehow in a 4 hour drive, I reevaluated my life and emerged from my car a more fully developed and ambitious person. The second trip, over Labor day, was just a crazy girl-fest. Five chicks, cooped up in a Lezbaru, complete with a clown nose and a SEND HELP sign can never go wrong. Add in some Lonely Island on repeat and you're golden.

December 20: New Person
Who is your unsung hero of 2009?

She's certainly not new, but my unsung hero of the year is my cousin Lauren. We became the closest this year we've been since childhood. I envy her spontaneity, and the dedication she has to finding complete and utter happiness. I can't wait to see her in a few weeks!

December 24: Learning Experience
What was a lesson you learned this year that changed you?

I mentally dibs-ed a good-looking guy at a wedding, and later spent the whole night dancing with him. At first I was shocked that I had pulled it off but then I realized that I need to stop selling myself short. I rock a mean conga line, and I can get low in heels. It's one thing to lack confidence when you spot a hottie at the gym, but quite another to self-doubt when you're in your element, just a little buzzed on free pinot noir, and rocking a just-short-enough dress. I suppose that makes my life lesson- make a goal, no matter how dumb. Take a risk, no matter how small. And never doubt the sexiness you can exude while rocking to Summer of '69.

3 comments:

Joel said...

Before I had read through the purchase category I was like, "God thats like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". Just so you know I totally see you as Tibby. That's one of the names right?

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I am impressed.... working ahead of the prompts! You are my new #Best09 hero.

Emily Anne said...

I disagree. Tazo Passion tea is by far the greatest! YUM!