Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Clay is gay. And that's okay.

While grocery shopping...

Connor: "Look at Clay Aiken. He looks like a WOMAN."

Gina: "Why do you say that? Are you just saying that because he's gay?"

C: "He's GAY?!"

G: "Er, yeah. Look at the cover of the magazine."

C: "Then how does he have a kid?"

G: "You don't have to be straight to have kids."

C: "No I mean HOW does he have a kid?"

G: "His best friend is a woman and she carried the baby and they are raising it together."

C: "That's... weird. I still don't get it. I mean, I get it but why would they- how would they- never mind."

G: "Do you know what artificial insemination is?"

C:"No."

G: "It's a scientific way of getting pregnant. Where they insem- where they use science. To get you pregnant. Instead of- rather than- instead of the eh, regular way."

G: "Okay, that's fine. It's fine. He doesn't even look that much like a woman."

I can't wait for comprehensive sex ed to take off. Conversations like this should not be in the hands of awkward older sisters.

1 comments:

Joel said...

Holy crap that is the funniest thing I have ever read! I think you handled that very well.

P.S. I loved that conversation between Obama and Jed Bartlet.