Saturday, August 16, 2008

Job searching in this fab economy

When you are a recently graduated, relatively inexperienced lady looking for a job in the non-profit industry, life doesn't get much better than Fridays on the Minnesota Council of Non-Profits website. A flurry of jobs pop up and I scan through them like a raccoon in a garbage can. That is, until I find that this week's options in the Twin Cities Metro include little more than a "Live Animals Intern" at the Minnesota Children's Museum. I have looked at the MCM in the past for internships and I know that they are unpaid. I couldn't bear to click on this latest opportunity, for fear that I would be compelled to apply for it. Sweet Jesus, I never thought the day would come when I'd have to choose between waiting tables and coaxing animals to... yeah, I don't even know what these god damned animals do. See you all at Bakers Square.

1 comments:

TMW said...

I'll come buy pie from you....