Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Webinar

Me: "So I was taking this webinar this morning and..."

Roommate: "I'm sorry, you were taking a WHAT?"

Me: "A webinar? Like an online seminar?"

Roommate: "You've got to be kidding me. Seriously. I am so not cut out for corporate life. That makes me want to die, Gina."

After considering Roommate taking a webinar, we cracked up. Roommate is not the type of gal to sit in a cube, or even at a desk near a window. She's meant to be on the go at all times, and that's one reason she'll be unstoppable in her chosen career path, nursing. There are many other reasons, too - she is smart, patient and kind but tough when she needs to be.

Roommate starts nursing school in just six days, and I'm so proud of her for shunning the cubicle/webinar lifestyle in favor of something that suits her better.

Personally, I kind of like webinars, provided they're interesting and not too sales-oriented. In fact, I was bummed when I had to miss one I'd signed up for today.


You're better than this, too, John Cleese.

2 comments:

Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsten said...

Ahhhh webinars. I love em! You might also like slideshare.net which is like the YouTube of PowerPoint. My non-admin friends think I'm lame, but I could be there for hours.