Sunday, December 5, 2010

Let go (Reverb10, Day 5)

December 5 – Let Go.

What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

(Author: Alice Bradley)

___________


This year, I let go of a job in my dream industry in order to live out a bigger dream- to write for a living. Along the way, I let go of feelings of inadequacy; my confidence sky-rocketed as I contributed to my team and received positive feedback.

I suppose I let go of my fear of taking risks. I learned that even if things aren't bad (I really did love job 1.0), it doesn't mean you should be afraid to look for something better. Something that is equally challenging and rewarding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for pursuing your real dreams! I can imagine when the time comes for me to leave my first real job I'll be an emotional wreck.

Jamie said...

This is so awesome. Good for you. That's probably the hardest thing.