Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tabula Rasa

It has been one hell of a year. I've been confounded with plans and hopes for the future. Stagnated by self-doubt and indecision. Warmed with the support of family and friends. Inspired by an unparalleled political season. Crushed by the loss of a wonderful friend.

I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions, and I'm definitely not making one this year. I am as bad at keeping them as I am at keeping Lenten promises. I forget, I cheat, and I inevitably end up eating more chocolate than before I ever gave it up.

So, as the post title suggests, I'm detoxing myself instead of tacking on additional stressors. As far as I'm concerned, I just graduated and I'm taking a few deep breaths before jumping into the real world. Clean slate, fresh start, new leaf, whatever imagery or cliche you prefer. Tabula rasa just sounds the most badass, it reminds me of my favorite gender studies classes, and it will inspire the most wikipedia-ing.

Happy New Year, betches. See you in the '09.

0 comments: